Let us take you on a tour of our Peace River Minecraft model and show you some interesting geological features!
Click Here to download the self-guided tour model.
You will need:
1) A licensed copy of Minecraft.
Don’t have Minecraft? You can download a copy here.
2) At least 3 GB of free disk space (to be able to download all 3 models)
3) 4 GB of RAM
1) Download the ZIP file containing the model files to the Downloads folder on your computer.
2) Right click on the ZIP folder in the Downloads folder and click "Extract All". Extract all files to the Desktop (or another preferred location) using the Browse button.
3) Startup Minecraft using the desktop icon.
4) Click "Play" at the bottom of the window.
5) Once the Minecraft home screen has loaded, select "Options", then "Resource Packs".
6) Select "Open resource pack folder". A new window will appear.
7) Navigate to the extracted Peace River folder and place the "logos.zip" file in the "resourcepacks" folder.
8) Click the back arrow to navigate to the ".minecraft" folder.
9) Open the "saves" folder.
10) Drag and place the unzipped "Peace River Model <version>" (located in the same folder as "logos.zip" file) into the "saves" folder.
11) You can then close the window.
12) Activate "AER logos" as your selected resource pack and click "Done".
To enhance visualization of the model, here are some adjustments that can be made to the video settings:
- From the main menu click "Options" then "Video Settings".
- Change brightness slider to "Bright".
- Turn clouds setting to "Off".
- Increase render distance to the maximum distance that your computer will support. We suggest starting with a value slightly less than the maximum.
What Will I See on the Peace River Self-guided Tour?
Jump onboard the minecart that will take you on an interactive tour of our Peace River Minecraft model. The tour will take you to a number of stops both on top and inside the model highlighting some of the interesting geological features in the area. At any point in the tour you can get out of the cart and explore, and when you are ready to move on to the next stop, just jump back in the cart and press the ‘w’ key on your keyboard.
Hold on tight and get ready to explore just a few of the interesting geological features hiding beneath the ground in the Peace River area.
Legend of Rock Units
The Minecraft blocks in this model represents approximately 1250 m × 1250 m in the horizontal (X and Y) directions. The vertical exaggeration of this model has been set to 50 times, which means that each block represents approximately 25 m in the vertical (Z) direction.
These Minecraft worlds were built by the Alberta Geological Survey for educational and outreach purposes. This is not an official Minecraft product and is not associated with Mojang