Dig through the subsurface to explore the geological units within the Peace River Solid Model.
Click here to download
You will need:
1) A licensed copy of Minecraft.
Don’t have Minecraft? You can download a copy here.
2) At least 3 GB of free disk space (to be able to download all 3 models)
3) 4 GB of RAM
1) Download the ZIP file containing the model files to the Downloads folder on your computer.
2) Right click on the ZIP folder in the Downloads folder and click "Extract All". Extract all files to the Desktop (or another preferred location) using the Browse button.
3) Startup Minecraft using the desktop icon.
4) Click "Play" at the bottom of the window.
5) Once the Minecraft home screen has loaded, select "Options", then "Resource Packs".
6) Select "Open resource pack folder". A new window will appear.
7) Navigate to the extracted Peace River folder and place the "logos.zip" file in the "resourcepacks" folder.
8) Click the back arrow to navigate to the ".minecraft" folder.
9) Open the "saves" folder.
10) Drag and place the unzipped "Peace River Model <version>" (located in the same folder as "logos.zip" file) into the "saves" folder.
11) You can then close the window.
12) Activate "AER logos" as your selected resource pack and click "Done".
To enhance visualization of the model, here are some adjustments that can be made to the video settings:
- From the main menu click "Options" then "Video Settings".
- Change brightness slider to "Bright".
- Turn clouds setting to "Off".
- Increase render distance to the maximum distance that your computer will support. We suggest starting with a value slightly less than the maximum.
To move around in the Minecraft models, you will need to use the following keys on your computer keyboard;
W - Move forward
A - Move left
S - Move backwards
D - Move right
Spacebar - Jump
If you press the spacebar twice quickly, you will be able to fly. To stop flying, simply press the spacebar quickly two times.
To descend while flying, press the left-shift key.
What will I see in the Peace River Solid Model?
The Peace River Solid Model covers the same area as the other Peace River area models, however each block represents less space. So this model contains many more Minecraft blocks than the others. This model has been built using solid blocks so you will have to build tunnels through the ground to find all of the geological layers hidden beneath the ground surface. Refer to the Navigating Tips box for information on how to move around and mine through the geological layers of this model.
Legend of Rock Units
The Minecraft blocks in this model represents approximately 625 m × 625 m in the horizontal (X and Y) directions. The vertical exaggeration of this model has been set to 25 times, which means that each block represents approximately 25 m in the vertical (Z) direction.