If you want to fly through the subsurface and walk along the top of geological surfaces, then come and explore the Peace River Minecraft Transparent Model.
Click here to download
You will need:
1) A licensed copy of Minecraft.
Don’t have Minecraft? You can download a copy here.
2) At least 3 GB of free disk space (to be able to download all 3 models)
3) 4 GB of RAM
1) Download the ZIP file containing the model files to the Downloads folder on your computer.
2) Right click on the ZIP folder in the Downloads folder and click "Extract All". Extract all files to the Desktop (or another preferred location) using the Browse button.
3) Startup Minecraft using the desktop icon.
4) Click "Play" at the bottom of the window.
5) Once the Minecraft home screen has loaded, select "Options", then "Resource Packs".
6) Select "Open resource pack folder". A new window will appear.
7) Navigate to the extracted Peace River folder and place the "logos.zip" file in the "resourcepacks" folder.
8) Click the back arrow to navigate to the ".minecraft" folder.
9) Open the "saves" folder.
10) Drag and place the unzipped "Peace River Model <version>" (located in the same folder as "logos.zip" file) into the "saves" folder.
11) You can then close the window.
12) Activate "AER logos" as your selected resource pack and click "Done".
To enhance visualization of the model, here are some adjustments that can be made to the video settings:
- From the main menu click "Options" then "Video Settings".
- Change brightness slider to "Bright".
- Turn clouds setting to "Off".
- Increase render distance to the maximum distance that your computer will support. We suggest starting with a value slightly less than the maximum.
To move around in the Minecraft models, you will need to use the following keys on your computer keyboard;
W - Move forward
A - Move left
S - Move backwards
D - Move right
Spacebar - Jump
If you press the spacebar twice quickly, you will be able to fly. To stop flying, simply press the spacebar quickly two times.
To descend while flying, press the left-shift key.
What will I see in the Peace River Transparent Model ?
The Peace River Transparent Model is constructed using stained-glass Minecraft blocks so that you can more easily see the extent of the geological layers. The model was also designed to be hollow on the inside so you can easily travel through the layers and see how they fit together. Refer to the Navigating Tips above for information on how to move around and mine through the geological layers of this model.
Legend of Rock Units
The Minecraft blocks in this model represents approximately 1250 m × 1250 m in the horizontal (X and Y) directions. The vertical exaggeration of this model has been set to 50 times, which means that each block represents approximately 25 m in the vertical (Z) direction.
These Minecraft worlds were built by the Alberta Geological Survey for educational and outreach purposes. This is not an official Minecraft product and is not associated with Mojang