Digital Data 2020-0025
This grid represents the distribution of total dissolved solids (TDS) in the Clearwater hydrostratigraphic unit (HSU). The Wabiskaw Member is not included in the Clearwater HSU. The grid is a result of a geostatistical model which was constructed using publicly available data from the following sources:
- Alberta Environment and Parks' (AEP) Alberta Water Well Information Database (AWWID),
- Alberta Environmental Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Agency’ (AEMERA) Oil Sands Groundwater Monitoring Database [2016 version],
- Alberta Geological Survey (AGS) sampling program conducted between 1999 and 2001,
- Formation water chemistry/pressure data from drillstem test and production fluids from oil and gas wells.
- Compiled data from environmental impact assessments.
The TDS surface was mapped at a regional scale using many years of data, thus providing a good indication of regional water chemistry within the unit rather than site-specific values.
Lemay, T.G. and Singh, A. (2021): Distribution of total dissolved solids in the Clearwater hydrostratigraphic unit (gridded data, ASCII format); Alberta Energy Regulator / Alberta Geological Survey, AER/AGS Digital Data 2020-0025.