Digital Data 2022-0024
This dataset contains subsurface stratigraphic picks of formation, member, and unit tops, and internal marker beds for the Belloy Formation and Stoddart Group in west-central Alberta (Townships 61 to 85, Ranges 1 to 13, west of the Sixth Meridian) made from wireline well logs. The dataset includes picks for the following stratigraphic horizons:
- top of the Belloy Formation and the tops of its informal sequence biostratigraphic subdivisions using the nomenclature proposed in a 2003 Ph.D. thesis by Dunn
- tops of the Taylor Flat Formation, Ksituan Member, and informal lithostratigraphic subdivisions for the lower Taylor Flat Formation
- top of the Kiskatinaw Formation, and the tops of its informal internal marker beds
- top of the Golata Formation and the tops of its informal lithostratigraphic subdivisions
- the top of the Debolt Formation which was selected in order to delineate the base of the Stoddart Group
Schultz, S.K., Beavis, K. and Playter, T.L. (2022): Subsurface stratigraphic picks for the Belloy Formation and Stoddart Group, west central Alberta (tabular data, tab-delimited format); Alberta Energy Regulator / Alberta Geological Survey, AER/AGS Digital Data 2022-0024.